Experienced Tile Roofing Company in Austin
Austin's Reputable Tile Roofing Specialists
Installing tile roofing onto your home or building offers several distinct advantages. The durability of tiles makes them an excellent choice for long-term protection from the elements, as they can last up to 50 years or more with proper maintenance. Tile roofs also provide good insulation, helping to keep your home cool during the summer months and warm in winter.
At A1 Quality Roofing, we are committed to providing dependable tile installation services. We use advanced techniques and materials to ensure the best possible results for our clients. Call us today at (512) 722-7740 to schedule an inspection and see if tile is the right choice for your home!
Types of Tile Roofs We Install
There are different types of tile roofs to consider. Our team of experts would be happy to go over the pros and cons of each for your next roofing project to help you find the right options for your needs and budget.
Clay roofs add a unique touch of elegance to any structure with their half-round or flat styles. Durability is one of its biggest advantages – once you build your clay roof, it will require little maintenance and can last many years without needing repairs. The confidence in knowing that your roof won’t need constant upkeep makes choosing clay an attractive option for construction projects.
Concrete is a versatile building material that can easily imitate the look of more expensive materials, such as slate, clay, or cedar. It is an excellent choice for virtually any construction style and comes at a fraction of the cost. Built to be fire-resistant, temperature-resistant, hurricane-proof, and earthquake-proof, it ensures maximum durability over time.
Synthetic tiles provide a great return on investment, as they are designed to last much longer than traditional roofing materials such as asphalt shingles and clay tiles. In addition, synthetic tiles are typically lighter in weight than traditional clay tiles, meaning no additional structural support is required.
The Pros and Cons of Tile Roofing
When making your decision about the type of roofing you prefer, there will be pros and cons. It’s best to know what to expect.
Pros of Tile Roofs
- Weather-resistant: Tiles are incredibly sturdy. Since they are such a heavy material, they are impervious to high winds, hail, and even fire. This is also why tile roofs are popular in areas prone to hurricanes.
- Longevity: A synthetic tile can have a lifespan double that of cedar or asphalt, while clay and concrete can easily triple that.
- Environmentally friendly: Besides synthetic, most tiles are made of natural materials that are self-sustaining and can be ground up and reused after you’re done with them. Moreover, since you will most likely never have to replace your roof, that cuts down your overall waste.
Cons of Tile Roofs
- Cost: While tile roofs may be appealing from an aesthetic standpoint, they tend to be more expensive than other roofing materials. Materials and installation costs can add up quickly when investing in a tile roof.
- Weight: Tile roofs are also heavier than other material options. This additional weight requires extra structural support and increases engineering requirements during the installation process.
- Repair Costs: While tiles don’t require much maintenance, repairs can be costly if damage occurs. It’s important to consider potential repair costs when budgeting for a tile roof installation.