Austin's Most Reliable Slate Roofing Contractor
Guaranteed Professional Slate Roofing Services in Austin
At A1 Quality Roofing, we are committed to providing quality slate roofing installation services. We use advanced techniques and materials to ensure the best possible results for our clients. Our team of experienced professionals has trained in industry best practices and will leave you with one of the most durable and long-lasting roofs available.
We offer different types of slate roofing options: natural and synthetic. Our experienced roofing team in Austin is here to answer all of your questions and work with you every step of the way to meet your needs and budget. Call us today at (512) 722-7740 to schedule a free inspection so we can determine if a slate roof is right for your home!
A1 Quality Roofing is a residential roofing company that specializes in tile roofing as well as asphalt shingle, cedar, tile, and metal roofing.
Types of Slate Roofs We Install
Natural slate roofing is a popular choice due to its durability and long-lasting life. However, because it is a natural rock, the weight of a slate roof can be extremely heavy. Before installing a natural slate roof, ensure your home is structurally sound enough to handle the added weight. If not, retrofitting your home with additional support may be necessary.
If you’re looking for a more affordable option that still offers many of the same advantages as natural slate roofs, synthetic slate tiles may be an ideal solution. Synthetic slate tiles are made from asphalt and rubber polymers that mimic the look and texture of real slate tiles. They’re also lightweight, so they don’t require additional structural support when installed on your home.
The Pros and Cons of Slate Roofing
When making your decision about the type of roofing you prefer, there will be pros and cons. It’s best to know what to expect.
Pros of Slate Roofing
- Beautiful: Nothing says class and style like a slate roof. Whether you opt for synthetic slate or natural stone, both will turn your home into the best-looking one on the block.
- Long-lasting: With proper installation from knowledgeable professionals and regular maintenance, a natural slate roof can provide beauty and protection for many years to come.
- Low maintenance: Routine inspections will help you stay on top of needed repairs. Otherwise, there is little maintenance to worry about.
Cons of Slate Roofing
- Expensive: Quality comes at a price, and slate is not an exception! At five times the cost of asphalt shingles, it’s a serious investment for many homeowners.
- Heavyweight: Traditional stone slate is tough to install because of its weight, meaning it’s not feasible for just any home.
Slate Roof FAQs
Want to learn more? Get a free inspection scheduled with our slate roofing professionals!